[nSLUG] ATom based backup units

Matt Chamberlain chamberlain2007 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 14:46:01 ADT 2010

Where exactly is this warehouse? I've been looking to build a small form
factor Linux fileserver and rtorrent box.

On 1 Apr 2010 13:55, "Stephen Gregory" <nslug at kernelpanic.ca> wrote:

On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 11:32:40AM -0300, Jim Haliburton wrote:
> Intel's latest ATOM motherboard ha...

http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboards/D510MO/D510MO-overview.htm

Another low power server is the "GrurPlug Server Plus"

http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/p-32-guruplug-server-plus.aspx

It uses a low power 1.2Ghz Marvell system-on-chip based on ARM. It has
512MB ram, dual ethernet, 802.11b/g, USB, and 1 eSATA port. It is more
limitted then the Atom board, but it will use less power. Debian
should run on the GuruPlug as Debian does run on the very similar
SheevaPlug.

The GuruPlug is $130 USD plus shipping. I just received an email
stating that the GuruPlug is waiting on FCC and CE approval, and
should ship at the end of the month.

When I get mine and install Debian I will report back. I plan to
connect a fullsized 1.5 TB drive to the GuruPlug and use it as my home
file server.

--
sg