[nSLUG] Screen's caption

Richard Bonner ak621 at chebucto.ns.ca
Wed Sep 23 09:20:45 ADT 2009

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009, Mike Spencer wrote:

> Richard Bonner wrote:
(Re: Unix/Linux Programs)
>> *** Interestingly, I am using one in a way right now. I post news
>> and read/send mail via Unix programs provided by Chebucto's shell
>> server.
>
> Hey, I got my start with {Un,Berkl,Ultr}ix by logging into shell
> accounts from an Osborne I over dialup and DataPac.  Even made my own
> termcap entry so I could use Emacs.

***   I like the shell server because it is extremely fast and it
isolates me from the Internet with no firewall, router or virus
protection required. I also like it because I can quickly edit my
webpages right on line via Pico.

> Never *did* get around to using screen(1).  The manpage was too
> intimidating and just hacking around with whatever I was doing was
> easier.
>
> - Mike

***   Long manuals can be intimidating, especially if they are poorly
written. My method is to take a portion at a time and learn to use
one feature well. Then learn another, another, another...

Richard