[nSLUG] Screen's caption

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Sep 22 10:57:51 ADT 2009

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 08:47:15 -0300 (ADT)
Richard Bonner <ak621 at chebucto.ns.ca> wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Sep 2009, Mike.lifeguard wrote:
>
> > I'm sure the sysadmins think they're oh-so-clever, making things
> > "fancy" (read: annoying as all getout)
> >
> > - -Mike
>
> ***   That is *exactly* the reason I stay away from GUI desktops.
> Screen clutter takes time to render and time to swear at.  (-:

Am I the *only* one to catch the irony of this statement in a thread
about 'screen'?

But yes, if you provide a useful feature (captions arguably give some
useful feedback) and disable it by default, then people won't know
about it.  However, I do agree that the solution isn't exactly obvious
from the man page, and they really should have provided an 'off' or
'never' option here.

Ben
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org