[nSLUG] SIP VoIP service with NS phone number

Ian Campbell ian at slu.ms
Wed Sep 16 17:51:04 ADT 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 12:13:10PM -0400, Gerald wrote:
> Joshua B. wrote:
> > Not at all. I'm quite interested.  I hope you continue the
> > conversation until I understand it all.  I don't know if there are any
> > pre-paid cell plans that allow free incoming calls but if they did I
> > might very well consider trying to take advantage of this set up.
>
> Joshua,
>
> Fido offers unlimited incoming for $30 per month on their prepaid plans.

If you're already paying $30/mo you might want to reconsider
prepaid...

Rogers has their my5 crap, where you get unlimited calls to/from 5
friends. I suspect Bell/Telus has something similar.

That + Asterisk gives you unlimited inbound/outbound to anywhere, what
is likely a better LD plan if you're into that sort of thing, etc.