[nSLUG] SIP VoIP service with NS phone number

Joshua B. juggins at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 17:16:02 ADT 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Gerald <linux at zdoit.airpost.net> wrote:
> Fido offers unlimited incoming for $30 per month on their prepaid plans.

Wow, thanks Gerald, thats a good tip.  Only it reveals to me what a
spectacular cheapskate I am. I don't even want to pay that much per
month for mobile phone calls.  I really try very hard to avoid ever
talking on the thing.  I just use it to access my personal websites
($7/month) and as a glorified pager (using Virgin prepaid at
approximately 12.00/month*).

* a 25 dollar pre-paid fill-up keeps the number active for 2 months.
I try to just barely use up the scant talk-time that buys by the time
it expires. Then delay refilling for a couple days -- during which I
can't receive calls.  But this is possible where a VOIP plan might
help.  If I could receive voicemail on one of those I could go even
longer without topping up my pre-paid account.  Hmmmm.