[nSLUG] SIP VoIP service with NS phone number

Daniel Morrison draker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 00:22:59 ADT 2009

2009/9/15 Hatem Nassrat <hnassrat at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 11:47 PM, Daniel Morrison <draker at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So... you are on an intermittent connection, possibly disappearing
>> from one IP network and appearing on another, and the client app on
>> your phone might interact with the third party in the middle
>> (webcallback), keeping (or "holding") your call active. So you don't
>> lose the call even when you drop out momentarily.

> more or less, but you make it sound complicated :p

I make it sound complicated? Your way is magic:

> Basically once the phone-to-phone is initiated you no longer need a
> network connection

Quite incredible, to be able to communicate without a network connection!

> as the webservice would take over to call both
> parties. To initiate the phone to phone with the API is like hitting a
> single URL, so it should be quick and easy to do if you have any kind
> of window while connected to an access point.

Probably you mean something completely different from what I am
understanding, but I suspect you are living and breathing technology
and protocols that I have no clue about, so it all sounds impossible
to me... no matter. I don't really ever plan to roam with a VOIP
phone.

-D.