[nSLUG] installfest questions...

Michael Gillie mikegpc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 19:00:45 ADT 2009

Hi Guys,

I'm a student at the NSCC (NSIT campus) in Halifax. I'm taking IT Systems
Admin and Networking. Outside that, I love playing around with linux, more
as a hobby then anything else.

Anyway, here is my dilema:

Ove the next few months, I have a preapproved project where I have the
opportunity to do a demonstration to my entire class on installing and
running a LAMP server using Ubuntu Server 9.04. My machine is going to be
virtual, using VMware, as is their's.

My question to you all is: What is involved in an installfest? Is it just
"BYOLOPC" (Bring Your Own Laptop Or PC) and install linux on it, or is there
more involved?

Thanks in advance,

Michael Gillie