[nSLUG] SIP VoIP service with NS phone number

Tim tjllml at cometonovascotia.ca
Mon Sep 14 10:20:15 ADT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gerald" <linux at zdoit.airpost.net>
To: "Nova Scotia Linux User Group" <nslug at nslug.ns.ca>
Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2009 5:12 PM
Subject: [nSLUG] SIP VoIP service with NS phone number

> I am looking for a SIP VoIP service I can use with a softphone on Linux
> that has Nova Scotia numbers. What can people suggest?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Gerald

I use callwithus.com for my outgoing long distance. I put $10 in my account
back in January, still have lots left as there is no monthly fee. They also
sell DIDs but only have Halifax numbers if that makes any differance to you.

I also have a Washington state phone number, just because it was free:)  Go
to ipkall.com. They will want you to answer an incominjg call every once in
a while. I've let mine go for a bit over a month and it's still worked. I
use my work Vonage phone to call it on occation just to keep it active
(answer it or let it go to VM).  Does anyone else know of any free DID
providers, anywhere?

Tim