[nSLUG] Software Freedom Day

Michael Gillie mikegpc at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 10:17:35 ADT 2009

Might I ask what version you plan to use??

A slightly OT question... I'm running an Intel Core2Quad Q8600 on an Asus
P5QLPro. I've been using the latest x86 32bit version of Ubuntu. I know this
may seem slightly retarded coming from an IT guy, but I want to harness the
64bit power. Is it safe to assume that the AMD64 version will work safely?

I appreciate help in this, as I'm totally at a loss.

PS: I'm a web dev. Does anyone know os any part-time student jobs? (I'm
certified in Web Dev through the NSCC, I'm currently studying Sys Management
and Networking.)

Thanks again,

Michael Gillie

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 7:37 AM, Richard Bonner <ak621 at chebucto.ns.ca>wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Sep 2009, Mike.lifeguard wrote:
>
> > Richard Bonner wrote:
> >> We would like to invite all Nova Scotia Linux User Group members to
> >> attend and perhaps organise a Linux installfest
> >
> > Is it an install*fest* if I bring one friend and do his laptop? :D
> >
> > - -Mike
>
> ***   It becomes one, then, because two make it so.  (-:
>
>  Richard

Have a great day,

Michael C. Gillie

1-902-482-9644