[nSLUG] EastLink hijacking DNS

Eri Ramos Bastos bastos.eri at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 15:27:01 ADT 2009

Some people are reporting the opt-out has only a temporary effect[1][2]

Just to be sure that's what I added to my crontab:

-------------------
#!/bin/bash

curl "http://www.thisurldoesnotexitandimpositiveboutthat.com" &>/dev/null
[ $? -eq 0 ] && curl -A "DNS Hijacking Sucks, EastLink"
"http://searchmanager.eastlink.ca/optout.php?brand=eastlink&lang" \
 &>/dev/null && logger "opt-out from EastLink"

[1] http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r23189352-Eastlink-DNS-Hijacking
[2] http://groups.google.com/group/hfx.general/msg/9f629f6a81638aa4

Regards,
Eri Ramos Bastos