[nSLUG] EastLink hijacking DNS

Hatem Nassrat hnassrat at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 14:08:29 ADT 2009

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 12:38:52PM -0300, Mike Spencer wrote:
> hn> In any case there is an opt out link you can click on, I find that
> hn> took away most of the anger I had.
>
> Yeah, right.  I suspect you're more even-tempered than I am.  I'm not
> even an Eastlink user and I'm pretty grumpy about it. :-) Network
> Solutions tried this a while back and got a boot to the head.

I certainly don't like it, but the opt out did work. It didn't show up
again and its been atleast a couple of months. I am not sure what all
the beef is, all they are trying to do is show you some of their adds so
you can click on them. Don't hate the playa hate the game (lol, I hate
that phrase a lot (I also hate saying lol, it sounds so weird when I
read it))

I believe there is also a feedback email or section, I remember sending
them hatemail when I got this at home. When I went on another network
and saw the Eastlink Search thing again, it didn't feel so bad (probably
cause I knew where to find the opt out link :).

--
Hatem Nassrat