[nSLUG] EastLink hijacking DNS

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 13:25:53 ADT 2009

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Eri Ramos Bastos <bastos.eri at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello, group.
>
> I just noticed that EastLink is now hijacking DNS.
>
> Has anyone else been affected yet?
>
> I just sent them an email about this, since this is a clear violation
> of RFC 2308.
>
> My question for you is: If they decide to keep this up, do I have
> options? What about alliant and rogers? do they have the same stupid
> policy in place?

Are they trying to stop people from running domain
hosting from home?

I run my own DNS server and it still works with your host not found
test and also the google search bar within firefox.  I'm in the valley,
so perhaps they are implementing this one segment at a time.

I use dyndns for my personal domain as I always imagined
inbound DNS queries would be a red flag in violation of their policies.

--Donald