[nSLUG] Re: smtp relay through eastlink and ESET Nod32 tagline = disappearing email

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Sat Oct 31 00:36:15 ADT 2009

While we're on the subject of spam blocking, would any of you
{sys,network} admins like to comment on barracuda.com AKA
barracudacentral.org?

Their relationship to (identity with?) emailreg.org (for-fee
whitelisting service) and comments in various on-line venues [1] makes
it sound like a company/service of dubious standards.

My SMTP smarthost at tallships.ca was recently listed and I got a
bounce from a list I've been on for years.  The list server operator
supports very many mailing lists, (mostly for amateur radio) and should
know what he's doing.  Was I wrong to have told him that he should
lose Barracuda on account of the above dicey aspects and reputation?

- Mike

[1] E.g.  http://www.debian-administration.org/users/simonw/weblog/295

                                                           /V\