[nSLUG] smtp relay through eastlink and ESET Nod32 tagline = disappearing email

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 22:28:44 ADT 2009

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 2:41 PM, Ian Campbell <ian at slu.ms> wrote:

> I hope you're only bouncing for checks carried out during the SMTP
> session.
>
> Accepting mail for delivery and then bouncing is a no-no.

Yes we use recipient look ups and over quota look ups and everything
possible
is done to only accept email at the MX we can actually file into a good
mailbox.

> I greatly appreciate when admins do that on networks I use. Bonus
> points if they make the scoring available, rather than a binary
> spam/ham header.

Yes, I like including the spam score tags.  When someone gets spam that
should have been tagged and complains, I ask to see their headers.
It provides me with tags and scores; with some further log checks
I can possibly tweak the severity of scores.

--Donald