[nSLUG] smtp relay through eastlink and ESET Nod32 tagline = disappearing email

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 10:51:41 ADT 2009

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Vlado Keselj <vlado at cs.dal.ca> wrote:

> Interesting.  I did not know you can rely on Eastlink SMTP server for
> incoming mail.  With business accounts, they unblock SMTP port so you can
> get email directly.  To send email, it is a good idea to use their server,
> since many other SMTP servers will treat your IP number as a spam zombie.

My Linux box is relaying out via their smtp.eastlink.ca.  Incoming is
handled by
dyndns.org and their mailhop feature that causes incoming mail to come into
an unconventional port.  Outbound on port 25 is blocked by eastlink.
Just clearing up the misunderstandings.  This is not related to the issue at
hand.

--Donald