[nSLUG] Please do not use Reply for new topics

Jason Kenney jdkenney at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 10:20:49 ADT 2009

Speed limits SHOULD be changed in many instances (but not all), the
biggest and most obvious example being in the US where the limit is
55mph that is universally ignored, both by motorists and by police
issuing speeding tickets.  The rationale for that law (fuel
consumption) has long been proven to be bunk, even assuming everybody
adhered to it (which they don't).

If the RFC doesn't reflect actual human behaviour, it's also going to
be ignored.  In this case it's not quite clear to me if you can
separate how the client behaves internally, from how the user users
it.  Eg. Can you respect the RFC still without requiring a change in
behaviour of how the vast majority of people use e-mail.

Jason