[nSLUG] Athlon 64 X2 5200+ selling price

jim dorey skaar at ns.sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 11 04:48:19 ADT 2009

Matt Chamberlain wrote:
> Hi there, all.  I recently upgraded to a new Phenom II X4 940 CPU, and have
> no need of my old Athlon 64 X2 5200+ (2.6 GHz).  Does anyone know what a
> reasonable selling price would be for the old one, or if selling would be
> worth the time for the money?  Thanks!

got the 5200, but 2.7ghz, the heatsink retention frame broke on my
motherboard, i always thought gigabytes were good, i had auto shutdown
set to the lowest temp, so, it should have survived...  i usually go to
ncix, now that vibecomputers is gone.  i guess, 2/3rd the current retail
price there for the same chip, if it hasn't been overclocked, 1/3 if it
has.  there's stuff in the box that wouldn't come with it, there'd be
some wearing out, uncertainty about the handling of it, the cute sticker...