[nSLUG] Please do not use Reply for new topics

Daniel Morrison draker at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 22:14:18 ADT 2009

2009/10/10  <jwark at eastlink.ca>:
> [...]

...with the key difference that speed limits are demonstrably good for
public safety, while proper/improper threading never killed anyone.

But, in actual fact, speed limits (and road design) were adjusted to
accommodate faster vehicles, particularly in the early years (recall
the old law stating that a motor vehicle had to be preceded by a man
walking and waving a red flag!
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_flag_laws]).

> As I pointed out earlier, it is not the RFC that needs changing, it is the email clients.

Given that the RFCs often instruct or guide the behaviour of software,
this is perhaps a moot point.

-D.