[nSLUG] Please do not use Reply for new topics

Joshua B. juggins at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 18:29:31 ADT 2009

Please, if anyone here uses gmail and can understand or imagine the
usefulness of proper (RFC 2822) style threading - at least as an
option - suggest it to google here:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/static.py?page=suggestions.cs&issue=116866&bucket=16935

or any other place you know of that might reach them.  I use gmail
very frequently because I am always using different people's
computers. I have not found a way to duplicate its features, size and
reliability with my own half-baked solutions. So I consider myself
stuck with them but I am extremely unhappy with this one feature.  I
still have not given up hope they will change.

I think a "threaded view" option that uses the headers in question
could solve this problem without requiring everyone to change. But
enlightened online communities would be able to respond to threads
like this one by simply informing their members of the option on gmail
and moving on. Instead this conversation is repeated in mailing lists
again and again.