[nSLUG] Please do not use Reply for new topics

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Fri Oct 9 12:30:41 ADT 2009

On Fri, 9 Oct 2009 11:56:38 -0300
Daniel Morrison <draker at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can you explain why this happens? I mean, it sounds like a bug. Gmail
> certainly doesn't have trouble threading messges properly.

Gmail doesn't thread.  It apparently sorts by subject (with some
fuzziness allowed) and subsorts by date.  Proper threading is
linked by references in the headers and is immune to subject changes.
I consider it to be useful to know when an original thread has
branched into a sub-discussion, so I prefer proper threading.

Another notable mail client that does such "pseudo" threading is Pine
(or at least did the last time I was a user, many moons ago).

Ben
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org