[nSLUG] Position in System Administration at SMU

Ian Campbell ian at slu.ms
Tue Oct 6 00:00:53 ADT 2009

On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 10:29:15PM -0300, D G Teed wrote:
> Hey guys. The pay isn't that terrible.  46 to 56 thousand salary is pretty
> typical kind of salary for IT workers at a University.  It is a far jump
> from minimal wage, so I don't know why you are talking about that.
> It has nothing to do with this position.

The same reason we're talking about pay scales at all on a LUG list,
because sometimes discussions go off-topic... If you re-read the
thread the progression is quite clear.

I don't think there's anything from with 46-56k for a university gig,
especially when coupled with tuition discounts, reduced hours (I heard
somewhere Dal IT does 32.5 hours a week) etc.

I stand by "if you can't find a sysadmin in Halifax you're doing
something fundamentally wrong" though.