[nSLUG] Re: question...

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Mon Oct 5 18:15:07 ADT 2009

me>     Northern Telecom/Brock Telecom Sentinel
me>     NTA005AB  05-15-92
me>     NATO 5810-21-908-9364

Gerald replied:

> Sounds like some sort of crypto gear. The dongle would contain
> key(s). A faraday cage would be important to keep the signal from
> leaking.

That seems pretty clear, especially given the DES chip and the expicit
mention of ciphertext.  Now how can I make it do something without
having the dongle?  (I'm not up to hacking the hardware with an
analyzer, DSP gear and so on.  I was hoping for something relatively
primitive but fun. :-)

- Mike

                                                           /V\