[nSLUG] Position in System Administration at SMU

Eri Ramos Bastos bastos.eri at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 15:02:00 ADT 2009

(late for the discussion)

That was my position, which I left 4 months ago for another company.

I also received a call from a previous employer asking if I was
willing to consider a new position there, which they seem to be unable
to fill up.

Some of you probably noticed a few job posts for Linux administrators
(ie Martin Lockheed) which are posted again and again and again.

What's going on? I wonder if there are not enough skilled
professionals around, if they are too demanding or if the salaries are
just too low to attract potential candidates.

Regards,
Eri Ramos Bastos