[nSLUG] [Linux Gurus] LXDE volume control

Gerard MacNeil aa030 at chebucto.ns.ca
Sat Nov 28 14:15:43 AST 2009

On Sat, 2009-11-28 at 03:17 -0400, Hatem Nassrat wrote:
> I am currently searching for a way to get my volume hotkeys working
> with LXDE + a volume control applet to show up in the taskbar. If
> anyone knows please feel free to share, if I find something I will
> reply  well if/when  i find something.

I've got an .Xmodmap file leftover from getting multimedia keys working
at one time. "volume hotkeys" is not a term I am familiar with.

~$ cat .Xmodmap
keycode 174 = XF86AudioLowerVolume
keycode 176 = XF86AudioRaiseVolume
keycode 223 = XF86AudioMute

The keycodes came from one of those scancode capture utilities.
Those XF86... keywords came from some Xorg document or other.

These, I don't think, have anything to do with a taskbar volume applet.

Gerard