[nSLUG] Google Wave invites

odoepner odoepner at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 19:32:11 AST 2009

Hi,

Yesterday I have been invited to Google Wave by someone else and tried it.
I am not overly impressed by what I have seen so far.

It seems to be sort of a crossover between Gmail and Facebook.
Have you found any great features or particular good uses for it yet?

By the way: I do not consider the "see other people type their typos" a
great feature. :^)

thanks
Oliver
Oliver Doepner
http://doepner.net/

Rowan Townshend wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>   I have 13 "nominations" for the Google Wave (BETA) which I am willing to
> part with.
>   If interested, please respond  to my e-mail address (rowan DOT townshend
> AT gmail DOT com) with the following (a valid G-Mail address (
> http://mail.google.com/mail/signup)).
>
>   I will reply to your mail with confirmation upon submitting the
> nomination.
>
>   I will respond to the mailing list once all of the nominations have been
> dispensed.
>
>   First In, First Out.

>   # What is Google Wave?
>   This is best explained by the Google dev team (
> http://wave.google.com/help/wave/about.html).
>
>   # What is a "nomination"?
>   Google allows Wave users the ability to nominate others for a Wave
> account.
>   It is up to Google to grant / reject nominees (based on whatever
> criteria
> they use).
>
>   # I did not get a confirmation mail from Google about my nomination,
> WTF?!
>   Google will not send you anything unless they grant you an invite.
>   I know some people who had a wait time of 2 weeks for this.
>   Do not send me follow up mail on this point.
>
> -Rowan
> rowan DOT townshend AT gmail DOT com

-----
Oliver Doepner