[nSLUG] Wikipedia (Was: "Cat5e vs Cat6")

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Nov 3 11:11:58 AST 2009

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 10:53:14 -0400
Ben Armstrong <synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
> The good news is, as I understand it, this already happens.

I need to clarify this, because I'm sure what you meant by "oversee" is
not exactly what I see happening.  As I understand it, Wikipedia
attracts contributions from experts in a wide variety of subjects.
They also set very high standards for contributions, explained in
elaborate detail at their site (e.g.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Reliable_source_examples ).  So
in a sense, the missing "oversight" that you think is so vital is
already there.  I would challenge, though, that "preeminence" is a
necessary qualification for making submissions, so long as a high
standard for submissions is adhered to.

Ben
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org