[nSLUG] Wikipedia (Was: "Cat5e vs Cat6")

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Nov 3 10:51:33 AST 2009

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 10:31:00 -0400 (AST)
Richard Bonner <ak621 at chebucto.ns.ca> wrote:
> ***   I agree. However, I believe that the true price has not yet
> been revealed, and I believe that price will be a negative one in too
> many instances.

When it is finally revealed, you can resurrect this thread and say "I
told you so".  Until then, I remain skeptical of your predictions,
which seem to be based on so much air.

>     Again, my problem is that too much of the public *will* believe
> what is written there as the truth.

And too much of the public will believe urban myths forwarded by their
friends and family.  So?  What of it?  Educate people how to use the
best tools we have at our disposal rather than slagging those tools as
being fatally flawed because they are "uncontrolled".  The same public
that is susceptible to believing every Wikipedia at face value is also
susceptible to using Britannica with an uncritical eye.  The answer to
inaccuracies fed to us via the media / Internet is not to "unplug".
It's called critical thinking.

Ben
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org