[nSLUG] Complete control is better? (was: Wikipedia)

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Nov 3 10:32:19 AST 2009

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 10:08:32 -0400
Daniel Morrison <draker at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/11/3 Richard Bonner <ak621 at chebucto.ns.ca>:
> > ***   No hate for freedom, Ben;
>
> I'm quite certain this question was asked tongue-in-cheek...

It was.

> > I am just against the abuses and
> > inaccuracies that permeate public resources when there are no
> > overseers.
>
> And I am against the abuses and inaccuracies that permeate
> privately-controlled resources when there are overseers who exercise
> "complete control".

Exactly what I was driving at.  And your expansion on why you take this
stance was excellent.  I am a Linux and Free software enthusiast because
I've seen that this notion that "complete control" is what ensures the
highest quality product is false.  There is an alternative, and it
works very well.

Ben

 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org