[nSLUG] Complete control is better? (was: Wikipedia)

Richard Bonner ak621 at chebucto.ns.ca
Tue Nov 3 09:46:00 AST 2009

On Mon, 2 Nov 2009, Ben Armstrong wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 12:23:03 -0400 (AST)
> Richard Bonner <ak621 at chebucto.ns.ca> wrote:
>>    Until they get complete control over it, there's a good reason I
>> call it "Why? Ki-pedia".
>
> So when large, monopolistic software companies exercise "complete
> control" they're evil, but when encyclopedists do, it's good?

***   Hmm, I should clarify...  (-:  What I meant by "control" was
that editors would need to verify information as they would with a
printed encyclopedia.

> Why do you hate freedom? :)

***   No hate for freedom, Ben; I am just against the abuses and
inaccuracies that permeate public resources when there are no
overseers.

  Richard