[nSLUG] Re: Wikipedia (Was: "Cat5e vs Cat6")

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Mon Nov 2 14:28:54 AST 2009

Richard Bonner <ak621 at chebucto.ns.ca> wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Nov 2009, Daniel Morrison wrote:
>
>> Wikipedia even cites Britannica. Obviously, the printed Britannica in
>> your parent's basement has no such update.
>
> ***   No, but at least it had editors overseeing every scrap of
> information going into it.

Not to mention that in the 1910 Britannica, many of the signed
articles were written by the very people whose names you saw in high
school or college, 50 or 80 years later, attached to to major
theories, equations, chemical reactions and classic authoritative
works.

Of course, there's not much there on solid state physics or the Battle
of the Coral Sea.  And I think the thoughts on Archaeopteryx is
probably out of date. :-)

- Mike

                                                           /V\