[nSLUG] EastLink hijacking DNS

Richard Bonner ak621 at chebucto.ns.ca
Sun Nov 1 21:54:10 AST 2009

> I am not sure what all the beef is, all they are trying to do is
> show you some of their adds so you can click on them.

***   First, be aware that it's "ads". "Adds" pertains to addition,
not advertising.
                               --------

    What the beef is, is that Weaklink is subbing their ads for
Google's (and presumably ones on other search sites) - for which
Weaklink gets *paid*.

    Think of buying ad space from Google that is to be directed at the
local population and then finding that it never gets seen by Weaklink
customers because Weaklink is bypassing it.

> Don't hate the playa hate the game
(Snip)
> --
> Hatem Nassrat

***   No. Hate the players that pull this crap.

  Richard