[nSLUG] Suggestions for Distro

Michael Crawford mdcrawford at gmail.com
Fri May 29 17:22:00 ADT 2009

I ran Debian for quite a long time, but decided to move to Fedora
because of what I feel is a misguided policy about Debian Stable
maintenance:

They only fix security holes.  They *don't* fix crashes or bugs that
cause end-user data loss.

That just seems wrong to me.

Now, there are sites that offer updated Debian software, but the
problem I had at the time was that I was running Debian on a PowerPC
Macintosh, and they only offered x86 binaries.

I've been pretty happy with Fedora 10, and have been running it for
several months.

I haven't tried Ubuntu yet, but plan to do so sometime soon.

Mike
--
Michael David Crawford
mdcrawford at gmail dot com