[nSLUG] Suggestions for Venue

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Thu May 28 18:15:09 ADT 2009

If I might make so bold, I would recommend an approach like this:

"I will be down at the 1668 club from 4pm-8pm on Friday 12th of Grune, I
will be demonstrating cool new software I found/the interesting piece of
hardware I found on ebay/my new set of tattoos which flex amusingly. The
management has/has not agreed to make power available for laptops, and
there is/is not wireless/wired access freely available/available at cost.
Food and drink are/are not available with the web site for 1668 club at
http://www.tumptytum.com".

Waffling around trying to get everyone to agree to a date is not going to
help your friend's employment chances - being there and telling everyone
else to show up with a week's notice and at least one reason to draw them
in is usually the best way to attract people.

Cheers... Dop.