[nSLUG] How to sync two directory trees

greg.hamilton at ns.sympatico.ca greg.hamilton at ns.sympatico.ca
Wed May 27 14:58:01 ADT 2009

Hi, Michael

rsync is kinda like samba.

I use it to automate (via cron jobs) daily Mon. - Fri. backups between the main file server and a dedicated backup server with two mirrored disks for a client of mine.

Once you wrap your head around it, it's really not that bad.

I found the following to help me figure it out the first time:

http://transamrit.net/docs/rsync/

If both your disks are local, you should have a less stressful time of it than I did the first time through.

Hope this helps!

Greg