[nSLUG] Suggestions for Venue

derek mahoney derekmahoe at hotmail.com
Mon May 25 14:12:50 ADT 2009

Hey All,

I have been a member of this LUG for a little bit now and haven't contributed all that much. I mostly just read the responses and see if there is anything of interest there. However I am a Linux enthusiast and am always preaching about it to people who don't care.

Anyway, My friend currently works as a bartender at Club 1668 and he recently just had his hours cut back. The owner told him that if he can bring people in, then he can work those hours and hence make more money. this will also bring more people in and money to his colleagues.

So As a part of that, when he brought it up to me, I suggested doing something involved with Linux and he liked the idea. I told him I would put the word out and see if anyone had any suggestions or ideas or was just looking for a venue.

So Is anyone is interested in having a Linux related night of some sort at Club 1668? Keep in mind it is a bar and they probably want people to order drinks and such. And because of the setup of the bar it would probably be good to have some sort of an event happening.

I have not been in the bar yet so I don't know what the setup is like. But if anyone has any ideas of doing something here then it would be a venue to have it. Something like a speaker or a presentation or something along those lines.

I figured I'd put the word out there and see if anyone was interested or had any suggestions. If there is enough interest, I would have to let my friend know and he could setup a time and date. It would have to be on a week night which sucks.

Anyway, like I said, tell me your thoughts.

Thanks,

Derek.