[nSLUG] OT: Electronics parts

Bill Davidson billdavidson at eastlink.ca
Wed May 20 21:00:30 ADT 2009

Hi:

        I'm thinking about building a couple of very small electronics
        projects.  I don't know anything about local vendors of parts
        (resistors, capacitors, transistors, op-amps, voltage
        regulators, project board, cases, switches, jacks, etc.).  I
        know I can get some of this stuff from The Source (Radio Shack)
        at stupid prices.  I assume that one or two members of this list
        are electronics hobbyists and might have some opinions or
        suggestions about this, so I am taking a shot by asking here.

        Has anybody got a suggestion as to where to buy these sorts of
        parts locally, or via mail-order, or even where I should ask
        this question?

        Thanks.

        Bill Davidson