[nSLUG] Looking for a DNS secondary partner

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Fri May 1 15:57:52 ADT 2009

On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 2:57 PM, Ian Campbell <ian at slu.ms> wrote:

> There probably isn't a future for reiserfs4. Reiserfs3 is in
> maintenance mode though, and while there are plenty of reasons not to
> use it for ... anything really, "OH NOES REISER KILLED HIS WIFE" isn't
> one of them.

Really?  Think about it.  You trust that code to provide
support for an entire file system and yet the developer
has the moral ethics below that of most pets.  I think there
is reason to be concerned about the attitude of someone who could
commit murder and any possible association to what
kind of code they could write (e.g. self serving as opposed
to altruistic).

Regardless of why he is off the scene now, the main issue
here is any project that can be influenced by one developer
being "hit by a truck" and no one else able to lift
the weight in their absence is the sort to avoid if
there are options.  I'm speaking of production use.
Play all you want with the rest.  If you only have to
answer to yourself then there is little issue picking
things based on any criteria.

--Donald