[nSLUG] Looking for a DNS secondary partner

Eri Ramos Bastos bastos.eri at gmail.com
Fri May 1 12:14:12 ADT 2009

It's a valid point of view, of course.

Maybe I like to live on the edge, but I've been using reiserfs for a
long time now and I never had any problems with any of the servers
and/or workstations deployed with that FS. And I'm not planing to
change my FS of choice until brtfs hits production or ZFS license
changes to make it compatible with GPL. Whatever cames first.

Same thing for DNS. After my research we did deployed PowerDNS and
it's working flawless since them. It's a recursive DNS only, so I
can't see many things going wrong here. And it's so easy to configure
that I don't keep a backup of it. If something happens and cripples
the server I just need to load a brand-new Linux image on the top,
install a single extra package and edit a 6 lines ascii file.

And that's the beauty of open source: choice. You have your
requirements, I have mine and still, both of us can find excellent
options to supply our needs.

[]'s
Eri Ramos Bastos