[nSLUG] vmware for Linux virtualization on production servers

Joe Dunn me at joedunn.com
Fri Mar 13 00:50:06 ADT 2009

RH has supported virtualization for a while now. Paravirtualization also.
Tons of built in hooks for xen. (command line deployments of RH via xen are
really neat to see, a Sat server can even just autodeploy boxes via a
kickstart) The only RH product which isn't certified for vmware is Satellite
server.

Just look out for RHAS 4.0 to RHAS 4.4, bug in the 2.6 kernel which will
cause your disks to go read only if the underlying storage hiccups. This was
addressed in the 2.6.9-78 kernel i believe (kinda forget)

ESX is the way to fly.

Joe