[nSLUG] vmware for Linux virtualization on production servers

Joe Dunn me at joedunn.com
Thu Mar 12 22:56:20 ADT 2009

zfs is great an all and yes backups are super easy (really its just netapp
snapshots) but I wouldn't roll zfs into a prod environment just yet. FreeBSD
and MacOS X versions of ZFS are way behind and no one likes Solaris :D

Virtualbox is great, not sure how it would scale above a couple of servers
though.

Sometimes you have to bite the bullet for things and go commercial. I love
open source but there is some very well supported commercial software out
there.