[nSLUG] vmware for Linux virtualization on production servers

Joe Dunn me at joedunn.com
Thu Mar 12 16:28:48 ADT 2009

Vmware is great, I can't imagine not using in a production environment or at
home. You can cut your deploy time and cuts to almost nothing. You need lots
of ram and lots of fast storage, got that your off to the races. Also with
vmware any new server deployment can be homogeneous across an environment.
Only major annoyance with vmware is its time keeping issues. Other then that
I have nothing but praise for ESX/Fusion and Workstation. I do most of my
development in vmware workstation and then deploy via workstation to ESX. If
your server is sleepy when loaded down, put a resversation on it for memory
and ram, should put these issues to rest.

joe