[nSLUG] "After a nuclear holocaust, the only thing left alive will be roaches... and the SCO Group."

Joshua B. joshua at bearsend.ca
Wed Jun 17 13:30:23 ADT 2009

SCO's epic litigation I must concede, (via the heroic and tireless
endeavors of Pamela Jones), has had a small but important influence on
my current career. As I take a break from some mind-numbing quest
through Canadian caselaw to update an old argument on a fine point of
insurance law I remember that the SCO suit and all the speculation in
inspired on Slashdot helped get me interested in law.  That's when I
first came accross the "IANAL but...",  preface to comment and started
asking myself if I'd like to be able to reply, "IAAL and..."

So here I am. IA(A)AL* and I don't feel I have anything special to add
to the debate. The good people at Groklaw know more about this case
and that area of the law than I think I ever will.  But I still find
the whole afair as morbidly fascinating as ever.  I'd be tickled if I
ever showed up in court and heard a Nova Scotia judge ask if we'd
"take him out back and shoot him" for missing a deadline.  I think the
semi-audible muttered responses to that question by some lawyers I've
met would be equally entertaining.

Joshua Bearden
Articled Clerk

*(A == "almost"; just 11 months to go.)