[nSLUG] apache used to generate spam

Hatem Nassrat hnassrat at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 11:22:26 ADT 2009

On Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 10:24:41AM -0300, D G Teed wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 12:03 AM, Hatem Nassrat<hnassrat at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm finding it funny lately that Debian, with the old reputation of being behind
> the times, is showing itself to be more advanced than Redhat with issues
> such as these.

I am definitely a newbie when it comes to programming and soft dev, I
have only been doing it for 6 years now. So there is a lot of things
that I hear about but never saw, like a VAX and mainframes (which i
guess are still around, but shouldn't be). Tracking Debian, VS. CentOS
for example, debian is definitely way more up to date.

I think Redhat is going after "stability" not sure if thats just an
excuse so that they can use the oldest versions of software available or
what. I would think if you take a dump of the yum package versions and
compare then with apt repos you may find the every package in debian is
newer than every package on RedHat and CentOS (maybe not fedora).

NOTE: the statments mentioned in this email may seem to be pushed as
facts, but they are purely thoughts of a newbie computer scientist.

--
Hatem Nassrat