[nSLUG] XEN & Heartbeat

Hatem Nassrat hnassrat at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 00:04:50 ADT 2009

On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 10:36 PM, Stephen Gregory <nslug at kernelpanic.ca> wrote:
> use three or more nics per machine. Generally you want to:
>
> Separate host management traffic from virtual machine (guest) traffic.
> Separate storage traffic from everything (very important!).
> Separate live migration traffic from guest traffic and preferably
> management traffic. (Does XEN support a dedicated port for live migration?)
> And it is always nice to have a backup storage network.

I counted 6 from that description. Moreover, I think they are all
totally valid, what would a poor man with less than 6 nicks do
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/AAAAA

[...]
> Beware of virtual machine creep. A common problem is having too many

Did we just witness the coining of a new phrase live on nSLUG. I will
start using it at work now, cause I think they have vmcreep. I guess
when you can only give a vm < 4gb of disk and 256 of ram to each vm
you suffer from vmcreep.

--
Hatem Nassrat