[nSLUG] XEN & Heartbeat

Stephen Gregory nslug at kernelpanic.ca
Wed Jun 3 11:05:42 ADT 2009

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 01:58:28AM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:

> > Slightly offtopic, but which Virtualization Systems allow you to move
> > VM's while keeping them online?
>
> VMware. Xen has it now as well I think.
>
> I imagine the Microsoft package will have something like that as well,

Last month at the MS TechED conference MS was super proud of the fact
that Hyper-V R2 now supports live migration. I thought it was nice of
them to finally catch up. It has been a feature in Xen for at least 3
years. Longer in VMware ESX. The funnier bit is that VMware now has
the fancy fault tolerence in V4/vSphere and it will likely be released
before Hyper-V R2. Hyper-V R2 is not actually out yet. It is currently
available as a release candidate.

--
sg