[nSLUG] Android Live

Hatem Nassrat hnassrat at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 12:05:13 ADT 2009

Hi All,

The rumours were true. There was an attempt to put android on a netbook:

    http://digital.venturebeat.com/2009/01/01/android-netbooks-on-their-way-likely-by-2010/

I dont think that was the first article that published this discovery,
but I can't find the other one I read a while back. In any case, it
seems official, here is the link to where the Live CD lives to download
Androind for your PC ?!?

    http://code.google.com/p/live-android/

I booted the live CD, and it works! its not too awesome, its pretty much
the phone OS on your desktop, but it seems to function. Also you can use
Alt+F1 to switch to a tty, well somewhat, its a console. And Alt-F7 to
go back.

--
Hatem Nassrat