[nSLUG] Richard Stallman in Halifax

Hatem Nassrat hnassrat at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 23:42:28 AST 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 9:47 PM, Michael Crawford <mdcrawford at gmail.com> wrote:
> For one thing, I've never felt that it was right to say GNU/Linux when
> so many components of a Linux distro these days have nothing at all to
> do with the FSF or GNU - but I wasn't really appreciating that so many
> of the components of any distribution were developed by the FSF, even
> Stallman Himself, but aren't readily apparent even to
> technically-savvy end users like me.

I think what ticks RMS off is that he wants credit for Gnu C Compiler, not sure if it is too much credit than what he and the FSF deserve, but basically without it where would Linux be?

I just finished watching Revolution OS. In it, Linus presents Stallman with the Linus Community Award, and Stallman responds, this award is like giving the Han Solo award to the Rebel Fleet. Not sure if I totally agree but the man makes a point.

--
Hatem Nassrat