[nSLUG] Firefox plugins stopped working

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Thu Jan 29 14:47:35 AST 2009

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 14:23:10 -0400
Doooh Head <doooh_head at hotmail.com> wrote:

> So, I guess no one has experienced these problems then with Firefox...Ok, does anyone know how to resurrect Firefox plugins that seem to have gone dead?

Downgrade Firefox?

In general, the problem is that Firefox gets updated, the API changes,
and old plugins then no longer work.

You need to check back to see if the plugin author provides a new
version.  Usually Firefox can manage this on your behalf so it's just a
matter of clicking through a few dialogs that automatically come up to
do this.

If there is no upgrade, do without the plugin.  If you're lucky, you
may be able to find an alternative plugin that is better supported with
the latest Firefox release.

Ben