[nSLUG] Re: Richard Stallman in Halifax

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Thu Jan 29 14:35:01 AST 2009

> I completely agree with him: calling it GNU/Linux is more
> appropriate and better reflects the origins of the whole
> system. It's not going to happen though...

Maybe we should spell it Lignux.

We can still (mis)pronounce it in the same (or even gnew) ways but GNU
will then be embedded in Lignux.  And English-speaking gnewbies will
tend to favor my preferred, non-Torvaldsian pronunciation, rhyming
with "sign-ux".

Am I the first to suggest this?    Yow!

- Mike

                                                           /V\