[nSLUG] Re: Stage Lighting

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Thu Jan 29 13:58:12 AST 2009

Rich <budman85 at eastlink.ca> wrote:

> isoinfo -d -i /dev/cdrom [....]

Thanks, Rich.  That's exactly what I was looking for.  I was sure
there had to be something like that. Apropos didn't turn it up and I
didn't think of apropos-ing for "iso" or "info". [1]

Daniel Morrison <draker at gmail.com> responded:

> Note that this volume label need not be unique.

Yes.  But for my trivial Avoid Typing & Quoting Script to manage 6 or
8 videos on 3 DVDs, if volume id isn't unique, volume size, although
not *guaranteed* to be unique, probably will be.

Tnx,
- Mike

[1] Mentioning "info": I don't suppose anybody at the rms lecture got
    up his nose about his cherished "info" documentation format?

                                                           /V\